Candidates start here
Welcome Candidate (or Campaign Staffer)!
Thanks for choosing Daily Kos to promote your campaign.
Our mission—to elect more and better Democrats—relies on people like you who are willing to seek elected office. Our platform is yours to leverage: Use us! Our community has a national (and even international) reach. We’re here to help your campaign succeed. So feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and explore our Help Desk. Let's go win!
We highly recommend you communicate with a Daily Kos staff member in order to coordinate your first post and maximize your impact from day one. It is definitely okay to ask for staff support—even before you sign up for your user account.
The quick links below will walk you through the necessary basics and give you an idea of best practices. Among the tips we offer, you'll find:
- detailed information on making sure your username and profile are integrated with your first and subsequent postings;
- tips for writing your posts and comments to produce maximum returns on outreach and engagement;
- examples of Daily Kos site members who have successfully promoted their campaigns here.
Please take a moment to read up on the following:
- How to create your Username and Profile
- How to write and publish your first story
- How to post comments and reply to comments
- How to involve your staff and volunteers: Best practices
- How other candidates have made an impact via Daily Kos
We look forward to working with you and celebrating your victory with you.
Daily Kos Candidate Endorsement Program
The Daily Kos Elections team offers a robust and well-regarded candidate endorsement program. Due to a number of constraints, it is not possible to endorse every Democratic candidate who runs on a progressive platform. It is not required to be a Daily Kos-endorsed candidate to post campaign-related stories at Daily Kos, however.
If you are interested, please consult this set of resources explaining the endorsement program.