"Promoted By" Content on Daily Kos
Daily Kos from time to time will work with sponsors to bring you content that we hope you will find relevant and engaging. See this article by Will Rockafellow, President of Kos Media, for details about this new process.
This article contains an important update offered in a comment written by Susan Gardner, Daily Kos Executive Editor. She explains:
- The diary itself by Warren is not paid for. When you think about it, it is impossible given our set-up to CHARGE for a diary, since anyone can sign up and write for free.
- The “ads” on the rec and recent list are not taking up any spots that were otherwise there for community diaries. They are an addition to the rec list. And the ads are simply links to Warren’s original diary.
- No diary is promoted to the rec list in this arrangement. If ANY diary makes the rec list, it’s because the community put it there.
- Subscribers do not see the “ads” that link to Warren’s diary.
- We will always mark any linking ads (like we did with this ad campaign) as “ads.” Users will never need to wonder if what they are reading is paid for. We will make it clear.
- Here's how YOU can contribute content to Daily Kos!
- Getting Started with Daily Kos: Some Key References for Writing, Formatting, and Recommending Posts and Comments
- Tutorial: reading and writing diaries and comments
- My comment disappeared!
- Why hasn't my HelpDesk query gotten a response?
- View all (1 more)