Daily Kos Front Page Election Map

tshell95

15 Nov, 2020 03:43 PM

The election map electoral bar graph is missing the state of New York in the totals. New York has been called for Joe Biden, so therefore the rectangle representing New York's 29 electoral college votes should be included (in blue, on the left side) of the graph.

If this correction is included the bar graph would better represent the status of the election. President-elect Biden's blue bar would extend to the right of the 270 vote mid-point in the graph, thus giving the proper illustration of the amount of electoral college votes.

I hope you find this message to be accurate and informative. Thank you.

Theodore Shellhamer

1. 1 Posted by pixxer on 15 Nov, 2020 03:51 PM

I was wondering why dailykos refuses to accept the call on GA. Biden has been stuck at 290 for days since that call, but only, AFAIK, here at democrat heaven.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 16 Nov, 2020 10:13 PM

Hello, and thank you both for your questions.

I'm not sure how you concluded that NY's Electoral College votes are not already counted for Biden. I'm attaching a screenshot that shows the hover over NY as well as the segment of the bar that represents that state's 29 EC votes.

As for Georgia--this election widget on our Front Page is run by the Associated Press, which apparently operates by its own set of criteria for "calling" a race (projecting a winner). Under the circumstances, their reluctance is puzzling, but that's a decision outside of our control.

Thanks to you both for your support of the site.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 16 Nov, 2020 10:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac