NYS Unemployment Insurance

Ralph Clemente (unverified)

22 Apr, 2020 06:46 PM

NYS Unemployment Insurance supposedly restructured it's response to claimants in the time of Covid-19. That response, however, leaves behind any of us who had previously applied and were put on "pending" status. My claim needs to be settled by a person, and there is simply no one answering phones at UI. Even when you get through to the system, it hangs up on you when you get to the point of talking to someone. Even attempts to call Governor Cuomo's general number results in a message that hangs up on you. I have claimed "0" dollars for 5 weeks now, and have called approximately 1000 times. I've contacted my state assemblywoman, The Times, Gothamist, and you. I imagine I am one of many thousands. Please, try calling. let me know what happens.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Apr, 2020 08:00 PM

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I am very sorry that you are in such a difficult situation.

I do not have any specific pieces of advice to offer you here. But I'd like to encourage you to share your story on the site. We have an exceptionally savvy and alert readership, and if you post your story, asking for other strategies to pursue, no doubt you will get some good suggestions.

It is not necessary to post under your own name if you prefer to use a pseudonym. For tips about creating a user account, please see this resource. It's a good idea to read that piece before diving into the process.

For coaching through the process of writing a post, please see this one. If you have additional questions about either process, please feel free to return.

The stress of coping in NYC right now must be intense. Best of luck and health to you.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 22 Apr, 2020 08:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac