Something is brewing in Dallas...

C. Street (unverified)

12 Feb, 2020 01:30 AM

I know a boy who grew up in Indianapolis. He came from a two-parent household until his parents no longer held the love for each other that two people think they should. Undeterred, his mother worked to try to mend his sister's and his wounds, to put food on the table and to make sure they were grounded on love, life and cultural awareness over survival.

That boy went on to college, learned to speak Hebrew and transplanted to Dallas to work in science. But something happened and he realized that his passion for people, and causes, and for serving were one that a great salary couldn't replace. For thirteen years, he delved into everything that was about serving - from human rights, addressing economic injustices, to fixing the digital divide in schools, fighting for animal rights and speaking out about police brutality, to advocating for community improvements and entrepreneurship.

That boy's name is Hasani Burton and he's now running for Congress in Dallas' 30th district. Hasani needs our support so he can support the issues that we care about.

I hope you'll join me in getting the word out and getting Hasani in!

C. Street

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Feb, 2020 02:07 AM

Hello, and thanks for reaching out to us on behalf of Hasani Burton.

I'm supplying this link to a couple of resources describing what we can do for candidates: https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb/information-about-candidates-campa...

After you read them, you'll have a better idea of the path to take and additional questions you may want to ask of us.

Good luck!

2. 2 Posted by CStreet (unveri... on 12 Feb, 2020 02:34 AM

Thank you so much for getting back to me and providing additional information! I'll check out the link!

C.
    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: Something is brewing in Dallas... [Suggestions #7791]
    Date: Tue, February 11, 2020 8:07 pm
    To: [email blocked]

#wmQuoteWrapper pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } #wmQuoteWrapper blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }
    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================
    Hello, and thanks for reaching out to us on behalf of Hasani Burton.
    I'm supplying this link to a couple of resources describing what we can do for candidates: https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb/information-about-candidates-campa...
    After you read them, you'll have a better idea of the path to take and additional questions you may want to ask of us.
    Good luck!
    On Tue, Feb 11 at 05:30 PM PST, C. Street wrote:
    I know a boy who grew up in Indianapolis. He came from a two-parent household until his parents no longer held the love for each other that two people think they should. Undeterred, his mother worked to try to mend his sister's and his wounds, to put food on the table and to make sure they were grounded on love, life and cultural awareness over survival.
    That boy went on to college, learned to speak Hebrew and transplanted to Dallas to work in science. But something happened and he realized that his passion for people, and causes, and for serving were one that a great salary couldn't replace. For thirteen years, he delved into everything that was about serving - from human rights, addressing economic injustices, to fixing the digital divide in schools, fighting for animal rights and speaking out about police brutality, to advocating for community improvements and entrepreneurship.
    That boy's name is Hasani Burton and he's now running for Congress in Dallas' 30th district. Hasani needs our support so he can support the issues that we care about.
    I hope you'll join me in getting the word out and getting Hasani in!
    C. Street
    Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Something is brewing in Dallas....
    Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
  3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Feb, 2020 09:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac