Campaign Action petition suggestion

Jenni Schroeder (unverified)

06 Feb, 2020 10:12 PM

I would probably complete more of the 'write your legislator' petitions if, in addition to the details about the action, Daily Kos gave a 'subject suggestion' for the drop down forms. For example, when the petition is in regards to impeachment, what drop down option would be the appropriate subject line for the letter? I would suggest a Subject-line Suggestion.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Feb, 2020 08:26 PM

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with this suggestion.

I wish I could tell you we could implement your idea. But we have no control over what the legislators offer. They choose the design of the petition interface, down to the subject headings they provide.

Under these circumstances, it would be appropriate to choose either Intelligence or Judiciary, since they are the two committees that sponsored the impeachment hearings in the House and voted them onto the floor of that chamber. Even though Impeachment is a hugely important event, it's not significant enough, I guess, for the creation of a dedicated subject category (and to be honest, I do understand that choice).

Thanks for taking the opportunity to communicate with your senators, though, and thanks for your support of the site's mission.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 07 Feb, 2020 08:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac