petition/letter to congressman

Tori Bond (unverified)

17 Jan, 2020 10:19 PM

Dear Daily Kos,
I received a request to sign a petition/send letter to congressman asking them to read the G.A.O report. When I attempted to send it, it requires that I select a preselected topic, none of which is impeachment, nor do any other the other options fit. So I didn't send it. Perhaps expand the topics list, or allow user to enter their own topic.
Regards,
Tori

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 21 Jan, 2020 03:24 PM

Hello, and thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, we have no way to implement it. We do know that the categories supplied by legislators are not always compatible with the topics we address--but we don't have any control over the language that they provide. Every legislator provides a different list; we simply display what we have been given.

Whenever people ask, and the subject does arise fairly often, we encourage people to make their best guess, and to consider making a call to the legislator's office as well so to go on record with a staffer about the problem.

In this particular instance, I don't know what the possibilities include. But something generic related to Elections, or Domestic Policy, or even Security (as in the betrayal of national security that a quid-pro-quo with Ukraine represents) might suffice.

Thanks for your support of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2020 03:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac