Congressionsl email topics

Dan Schwartz (unverified)

29 Dec, 2019 06:26 PM

Listen - you have GOT to figure out this thing where you send an email suggesting that we email our senators and congresspeople, and then the subject of the email isn't anywhere on the available pull-down listings that the representative provides. I'm really sick of just coming up with anything. I'm sure they're not read when the topic so different from the content.

DS

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 04 Jan, 2020 04:01 AM

Hello, and thanks for contacting us.

I appreciate your frustration with the mismatch. But it really is out of our control. We get the lists directly from the elected officials themselves, and they each have a standard set unique to each office that may or may not correspond well with the topics we raise.

I'm sorry not to have a more satisfactory answer for you.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 04 Jan, 2020 04:01 AM.

3. Daniel Schwartz re-opened this discussion on 04 Jan, 2020 04:15 AM

4. 2 Posted by Daniel Schwartz... on 04 Jan, 2020 04:15 AM

Then what are we supposed to do when there is no match and we can’t send a message without their being one?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 06 Jan, 2020 03:39 PM

The best advice I can give you is to use what comes closest. You also might consider calling that representative's office and asking a staffer what they suggest. (I realize it is extra time, and you may well have a GOP rep. to boot.)
    Another possibility would be to edit the subject line or the body of the message to make it clear that you're using the best fit available for the topic at hand.
    It's an imperfect system, to be sure. Wherever you live, though, and whoever represents you, that elected official is supposed to take your views as a constituent into consideration. Sometimes being a squeaky wheel has an impact even if you can't see it immediately.
    Thanks for wanting to make sure that your message gets through and is read.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 06 Jan, 2020 03:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac