New comment section problem

Angryallen

07 Jun, 2019 02:41 PM

I’m assuming a large percentage of folks are like me and participate here primarily using mobile devices. Since the introduction of the new comment system I’ve found that just by scrolling through the comments that even the lightest touch can unintentionally recommend a comment. I’ve scrolled up and down only to discover I’d recommended comments that I never even read. I’ve spent more time scanning and unrecommending than I have in reading/posting comments. Perhaps an additional verification (like when flagging) is now necessary? I’d hate to find out I recommended an offensive/inappropriate comment by accident. That worry alone makes it much less likely I’ll engage in diaries that I’m not absolutely inspired about.
Thx
AA

1. 1 Posted by greenocelot on 07 Jun, 2019 06:55 PM

Since this is a staff moderated discussion, hope no one will be mad if I ask a question off topic...I can't post my blog; last posted a couple of years ago. It's saved as a draft, but won't publish in my Firefox or Safari browser. Can someone help? Thank you.

2. 2 Posted by greenocelot on 07 Jun, 2019 07:45 PM

Apologies to readers of this thread. I figured it out.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Jun, 2019 11:25 PM

Thanks for making this observation about the sensitivity of the Recommended button under the new scheme. There is a limit to our calibration, and much of it is likely browser-based rather than under our direct control to boot. But I will ask the developers to make sure that there's relatively little difference between the old style and the new.

I would not expect the rec process to acquire a confirmation step, however. That would be pretty cumbersome, especially since Trusted Users (those with flagging capacity) are a comparatively small subset of the logged-in readers.

We appreciate your support of the site.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 07 Jun, 2019 11:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac