New disclosure notice

arodb

06 Jan, 2019 12:21 AM

"This content was created by a Daily Kos Community member.
Make your voice heard! Click here to write or comment on Daily Kos."

Sure, I understand that this absolves management from any legal responsibility, but there's another aspect:

A click goes to a front page article. If a newbe had read a diary that a user had written and was inspired to participate with a comment, he/she would not have been directed there.

We write these diaries in the hope of having an extended conversation, including with newbes, this won't help.

Thanks for your consideration.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 06 Jan, 2019 06:03 PM

2. 2 Posted by arodb on 06 Jan, 2019 10:30 PM

I just read Kos' article on this disclaimer.

It does not address my personal objection, that by not directing a newbe to responding to the instant diary, it somewhat decreases the interchange between the writer and new readers.

Since Kos' explanation diary was at the beginning of the disclaimer's use, the observation that I made may not have been noticed by others. Some who write diaries may expend long hours on research, writing and then editing for interest and clarity. The compensation for the effort is the conversations in the form of comments. I often write drafts and search for relevant sources, and even then decide whether or not to post them.

Kos is the boss, so it's his decision. This dialogue on the D.K. Support area is appreciated, even if this suggestion is "no sale."

3. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 10 Jan, 2019 01:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac