This comment did not warrant a BOJO

AllenMcw

01 Jan, 2019 12:13 AM

Hello,

The following comment was off the mark and inaccurate but IMO it did not deserve a BOJO. I would like to ask you to reconsider.

https://www.dailykos.com/comments/1822623/72433017

Thanks
AllenMcw

1. 1 Posted by jsteve7 on 01 Jan, 2019 01:03 AM

Yes, I agree with Allen on this. I'm concerned that DK will start getting a bad reputation as a site that bans people for little or no reason. Who knows how good of a user this could have been if given a reasonable chance. Many new users probably have no idea just how quick to ban new users this site can be.

2. 2 Posted by AllenMcw on 01 Jan, 2019 01:22 AM

This was an autobot trigger which should be reversed.

3. 3 Posted by AllenMcw on 01 Jan, 2019 01:46 AM

Another question for staff:

As I understand it any decision by the autobot to BOJO a user is not subject to REVIEW UNLESS users like Steve and I request it.

If this is true, then an autobot BOJO action would still potentially permanently ban innocent users.

And if so, is this not a reason to discontinue the autobot rather than "convicting the innocent"?

Thanks
    Allen

4. 4 Posted by AllenMcw on 01 Jan, 2019 01:49 AM

Sorry, "rather than RISK convicting the innocent".

I wanted to clarify as I totally understand that the autobot makes the "right" decision much of the time.

5. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 01 Jan, 2019 11:08 AM.

6. AllenMcw re-opened this discussion on 01 Jan, 2019 04:38 PM

7. 5 Posted by AllenMcw on 01 Jan, 2019 04:38 PM

I would be happy to get just an acknowledgement that the BOJO was correct or that you cannot give more information and decline to reinstate the user.

For me I just tried to do the right thing by reporting a possible false trigger. :)

Thanks
    Allen

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Moderator1 on 02 Jan, 2019 01:42 AM

Thanks, Allen

All queries about user bannings should be raised under a Private Help Desk ticket.

Please understand that we do not, except in the rarest of circumstances, publicly discuss the decisions we or the autobots make, out of respect for users' privacy.

9. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2019 01:42 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac