Remove or revise Civiqs graphic

Turn Left

05 Dec, 2018 04:03 PM

When this graphic first appeared on my mobile device it was quite annoying as it takes up space and interferes with scrolling when it is on screen. Moreover, the data displayed is always the same. I would like to see it removed entirely, but if it must remain, perhaps change the polling data regularly to other issues/questions than just the same few I see every time I open DKos. Give us some variety! I don't really need to see McConnell's, Ryan's, Trump's, and gun control's approval ratings every time I open the site. It's tiresome to see the same data sets time after time, day after day.

1. 1 Posted by doroma on 05 Dec, 2018 07:27 PM

I second this.It was useful during the election. Not now.

2. 2 Posted by siab on 06 Dec, 2018 01:14 AM

A slightly different take:as long as the Civiqs logo appears, it's unpaid advertising for a Kos company. Since there's a very limited number of topics, it's primarily aimed at non-members - as advertising. Either offer a wider range of graphs for logged in members, or allow us to turn it off with all the rest of the advertising.

3. 3 Posted by arodb on 10 Dec, 2018 04:08 PM

I agree that these charts are annoying and don't even get much traffic for this kos owned company.

The charts are rather meaningless, as the "disapprove of trump' would only be informative if compared with other statements.

I suggest their removal

4. 4 Posted by Eyesbright on 11 Dec, 2018 09:30 PM

I'm with siab, especially, and everyone else, too. This banner is nothing more than an ad from Kos' company and those of us who pay for a subscription that is **supposed** to mean we don't have to put up with ads are NOT getting what we're paying for.

Many of us who've remarked on this intrusive, irritating ad are long-time subscribers. Most of us have a feeling of loyalty to Daily Kos - but that loyalty has become a one-way street. My subscription comes up for renewal in February (I checked). As of now, I don't plan on renewing.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac