Repetition of personal info several times on a petition.

Maddi (unverified)

02 Jul, 2018 03:01 PM

I spend a lot of time signing petitions - yours are the most annoying and I am sure turn people away. Do I really have to put my phone number and Ms on a petition for EVERY person getting the letter. I support KOS with a monthly contribution but a simple program change that either stores that information or at least only asks for it once for each letter/petition would be a great improvement. STOP ASKING ME FOR THE SAME INFORMATION SEVERAL TIMES ON THE SAME PAGE - PLEASE.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 Jul, 2018 09:13 PM

Hello, and thanks for raising the issue. Apologies for the delayed reply.

I can appreciate why you would be annoyed by the repetition, but the back end of these petitions works differently from what you might expect. We obtain the exact format for the responses from each one of the elected officials' offices. The task of creating a single repository, in effect, for all of the variations would be extremely daunting and subject to frequent breakage, either deliberately (in a sense) due to formatting changes on the recipients' part or because of code decay. It's not something that we're going to undertake as a project when there are many other design and function features that await our attention.

Sorry not to give you an answer more to your liking. Thanks in any event for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2018 09:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac