Just a typo

fil1luv

02 May, 2018 03:13 PM

I wanted to tell you there is a typo in an article. I always want you to come off as professional as possible. (plus I have been an editor) sorry if this is a dumb issue:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/2/19/1742852/-Who-Was-Marjory-Stoneman-Douglas-and-Why-Would-Donald-Trump-Have-Hated-Her
Paragraph 5 - opening line - Missing "know" after doesn't.

Trump surely doesn't anything about Douglas or her lifelong dedication to service and social change.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 03 May, 2018 03:21 PM

Hello, and thanks for your inquiry. We appreciate your interest in having us present the best possible finished product. But there are some real constraints that I'd like to explain.

Only articles published in the center of the front page are written by staff. Those are proofread. The majority of articles on the site are written by ordinary users, like yourself, who have something to say. With thousands of people writing every month, it is not really appropriate or possible for our staff to proofread them.

On the internet, people do of course make spelling and grammar mistakes. One option would be to send the author a private message when you find them. Other times, users make a comment beneath the post in question to point out an error. Most of the time, the original poster will notice the suggested correction, acknowledge it, and edit the post accordingly, especially if the observation is made respectfully.

At this point, for a story that's a few months old, it's probably not worth your effort to contact the author. For something current that may be another matter.

Thanks for asking about the process and for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 03 May, 2018 03:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac