Image copyright status for inclusion in post(s)

JohnLang

22 Jan, 2020 12:39 PM

I recently published a diary to dKos (my 1st) and thought I might include an image in title. However, I was unable to assure myself that I wouldn't be running afoul of copyright, so ultimately, I didn't include. The image (a common news photo of Trump & Putin @ Helsinki) appeared to me similar to many other images I see in dKos titles all the time, but I am not sure of any underlying subtleties of which I may not be aware. Can you tell me a reliable method of determining copyright status of on-line images for future reference?
Thanks

1. 1 Posted by bakeneko on 22 Jan, 2020 05:41 PM

Easiest way is to go into the Image Library (always available from the drop-down for your account at the upper-right of the page) and search for one that is already here and meets your needs.
    If it is from one of the sources DK licenses, it probably already has proper copyright attribution noted.
    If not, you can always do a Google or other search for an image, note the copyright attribution, and add that to the “Attribution” field for the picture when you upload it.

2. 2 Posted by bakeneko on 29 Jan, 2020 05:23 PM

If this actually answered your question, you might want to close your Ticket, because otherwise only a Moderator can do it. If it didn't, you may want to update it, so one of the Moderators is more likely to see it and respond.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac