facebook

OurMissEwenice

11 Jul, 2012 04:33 AM

Sorry to bother but I've searched all over the sight and I still can't answer my hubby's question. Since I'm here and logged in I can't see what comes up on the "create an account page" now, hence the question. Do you have to have a Facebook account to start an account here on Kos? When I joined it wouldn't have been an issue for me, as I already had a FB acct. My hubby, however, has some issues with FB and has resisted all attempts by children & friends to sucker, oops, encourage him to join. He is a HUGE fan of DK though, and could add a lot to many discussions. So, does he have to join FB to participate here? Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 11 Jul, 2012 03:15 PM

You do NOT need a Facebook account to register here. I don't have one. Many users refuse to register on either Facebook or Twitter for various reasons, the main one being that privacy is compromised by using those sites.

If your husband decides to register, welcome aboard, completely Facebook free or however he likes it.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 12 Jul, 2012 01:28 AM

You don't need facebook at all! Please let me know if he has any trouble signing up. Welcome to Daily Kos.

3. elfling closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2012 01:28 AM.

4. OurMissEwenice re-opened this discussion on 12 Jul, 2012 02:32 AM

5. 3 Posted by OurMissEwenice on 12 Jul, 2012 02:32 AM

Thanks so much everyone. I'm sure the answer was buried somewhere in the FAQs but I appreciate your replies.  ; -)

----- Original Message -----

6. elfling closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2012 05:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac