Quick question

cweinsch

05 Jul, 2012 08:24 PM

I am a longtime member of the DailyKos community and sometimes poster (not prolific). I have started my own blog, The Daily Music Break (http://www.dailymusicbreak.com). Is it appropriate to do a short cross post on a daily basis (I highlight an artist every day). The idea of the site is to showcase great music regardless of genre or era. I have featured everyone from Aaron Copland to Alabama Shakes. I would love to post, but don't want to do anything that isn't considered appropriate.

1. 1 Posted by aoeu on 05 Jul, 2012 10:47 PM

Yes. it is OK to cross post.

Traditionally it is considered polite verging on required to link to the first post. It is customary to include every word and link. There appears to be a consensus that not every pic needs to be included. DKos has restrictions on those.

Peace?
    aoeu

2. 2 Posted by cweinsch on 05 Jul, 2012 10:51 PM

Hi, I'm not sure I understand your response, nor if I expressed myself adequately. I run a site myself, www.dailymusicbreak.com. What I want to do is post a very brief "Daily Music Break of the Day" at dkos every morning. Aaron Copland one day, Bob Dylan the next, etc. I want to link from my dkos post to the post that morning on that artist at my site. My question is whether this is okay, or too self-promotional.

Thanks...

3. 3 Posted by aoeu on 05 Jul, 2012 11:01 PM

Crossposting is fine.

Simple linking may not work out as well.

4. 4 Posted by cweinsch on 05 Jul, 2012 11:09 PM

I understand cross posting to be replicating the post I have at my site at dkos with a tag saying "Originally Posted at The Daily Music Break" with the link. But the entire post would be in both places. Pls. let me know if that is inaccurate and pls. if you care to check it out tomorrow morning to make sure I am not doing anything wrong. I really don't want to abuse my privileges.

Thanks a lot for your help. Also, pls. check out the site if you are music person.

5. 5 Posted by aoeu on 05 Jul, 2012 11:59 PM

We agree.

6. 6 Posted by cweinsch on 06 Jul, 2012 12:08 AM

Nice tune...perhaps it will be on TDMB soon...

7. System closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2016 09:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac