Need help understanding why my diary appears under mysterious tags in Google.

breakingranks

14 Jun, 2012 04:40 AM

I just asked this question in the Open Thread, and Meteor Blades suggested I take my query to the Higher Powers.

While Googling the title of my last Diary to see if there was any other place where I could answer questions about the incident or my general situation, I found the name of my Diary came up under a lot of weird tags. These tags are not on the bottom of my Diary, and never were as far as I know. Each of these tags currently only have one diary entry under them (not mine anymore).

I thought these tags might relate to internal categorization/management of Diaries. However one of them really bothered me: "Public Disinformation".

I hope no one involved in running Daily Kos things I'm promulgating any sort of disinformation. I have put out a lot of personal information, all to aware of how easy the veil of anonymity can be ripped away, just to give the lie to certain stereotypes and remind policy wonks that they are talking about people. I pride myself in both my honesty, and my ability to write about the problems I face, as I think conservatives exploit the relative voicelessness of the people they deliberately under-educated in the first place.

Calling what I have to say "Public Disinformation" is just about the worst thing you can say about me.

It also occurred to me that this could be from a troll abusing social tagging, and he/she was caught and the tag removed before I noticed. Or Google could just be picking up my post from the sidebar: though the Google entries seems limited to particularly negative tags.

It would ease my mind to find out exactly what these mysterious tags are. So I thought I should stop speculating and just ask about it. I'm attaching a picture below.

1. System closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2016 09:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac