Warning

blindcynic (unverified)

12 Jun, 2012 07:07 PM

Can't call method "comment_url" on an undefined value at /www/dk4-perl/current/lib/ScoopDK/Controller/Comment.pm line 150.

Got a warning. never seen one of those before. Tried to look at the comment referenced in the warning because I think it's in error, but can't because of above error.

warning text:
Warning from Admin at 2012-06-12 14:09:12

Rating ability removed for uprating 9-11 conspiracy theory: http://www.dailykos.com/comment/1099151/46394694#c56

So how can I react to this when I can't even remember what comment it was and whether it's a valid CT or somebody's mistaken impression - pretty frustrating after being here for 6 years or something and I click one button and suddenly I'm persona non grata, with no information about how to fix this

1. 1 Posted by gatorcog (unver... on 12 Jun, 2012 07:44 PM

I got a warning accusing me of uprating a 9-11 conspiracy theory. The comment I uprated was not promoting a conspiracy theory. All it said was there was no complete investigation. I believe this to be true, regardless of what is prevailing wisdom; the comment did not say something like "it was an inside job". questioning is not the same as promotion and I did not promote any conspiracy theory, I simply rated a comment to counter hide rates. I am agnostic on the 9/11 attacks, not that it's your business what I think about it. Withdraw your warning.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 13 Jun, 2012 07:18 AM

Since the linked comment is hidden for you now, I'll put it here:

--
     [new] I take exception to your 9-11 truther remark (11+ / 55-)
    The truth is there has never been a real investigation and there are plenty of intelligent people who have valid questions about what happened.
    --

9-11 conspiracy theories are not allowed here. They waste everyone's time and they lower the credibility of the discussion.

The warning/no rate came from kos. Site policy on this is very clear, and other commenters in the discussion reminded y'all of that policy.

Typically no-rate status is short-term, a month or two.

3. elfling closed this discussion on 13 Jun, 2012 07:18 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac