auhorization to publish a diary.

Tim Koechlin

09 Jun, 2012 08:32 PM

Greetings.

I'm new to the Daily Kos. I'd like to publish a diary entry. When I click on "new," I get this message:

Error!

The error was:
You are not authorized to create a story

Hostname: web2.dailykos.com

Time: 2012-06-09T20:26:41Error!

What do I need to do to be "authorized"?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by OLinda on 09 Jun, 2012 10:07 PM

Tim, there is a 7 day waiting period before you can create a diary. After that time, you should not get that error when you click New.

There is a 24 hour waiting period for commenting, so you should be able to comment some time today. That way you can participate in other diaries and open threads while you're waiting.

2. 2 Posted by Tim Koechlin on 09 Jun, 2012 10:17 PM

Thanks very much.   I appreciate your help.

Tim 

Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2012 6:06 PM
    Subject: Re: auhorization to publish a diary. [Questions]

3. 3 Posted by Tim Koechlin on 10 Jun, 2012 03:52 AM

Thanks for responding, JT. 

I just signed up for D.K.   There is apparently a one week waiting period for diary posts; 24 hrs for comments.   So no one at the DK has any idea what I planned to post.

I'm interested in your response... When you say: "...no content which the Kos Community judges to be against 'promoting Democratic and progressive party politics'", is the part in quotes an actual quote from the Daily Kos?  

Thanks again.

TK

Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2012 10:21 PM
    Subject: Re: auhorization to publish a diary. [Questions]

4. 4 Posted by aoeu on 10 Jun, 2012 02:14 PM

Please ignore Jersey Tea, Tim Koechlin.

That user is a banned troll of the tea party persuasion.

5. 5 Posted by OLinda on 10 Jun, 2012 05:11 PM

Yes, I'm one of those Xenophobic, Islamophobic, homophobic, Hispanophobic, Nativist, Know Nothing, Bible thumpin', knuckle draggin', racist Tea Party
    Neanderthals.

When a man tells you who he is, believe him.

elfling, I think jersey's posts should be deleted at the help desk. He has gone from vapid little comments to trying to undermine what the help desk is here for. Instead of helping new people, he is confusing and misleading them. Let's see if we can keep the "help" in help desk. Thank you.

6. 6 Posted by OLinda on 10 Jun, 2012 09:47 PM

The thing is jersey that your so-called diversity of thought is not really thoughtful. Most of your "ideas" are not worth the bandwidth or time for actual debate. They are not worth debate; they are worth derision and mostly laughter. They aren't truly ideas with enough substance to give you a seat at the table. So, we won't waste our time. Go home to your little buddies and wear your banning like a badge of honor!

To quote Barney Frank:
    "On what planet do you spend most of your time?"... "Trying to have a conversation with you would be like arguing with a dining room table."

7. 7 Posted by OLinda on 10 Jun, 2012 11:42 PM

jersey, when you are banned at Daily Kos, you can't just repost your drivel at the help desk and expect to be engaged. It's cute, but it's not what the help desk is for.

elfling, this thread can be deleted.

8. 8 Posted by Free Jazz at Hi... on 10 Jun, 2012 11:58 PM

Welcome, Jim. There are many points of view found at DK, from within the Democratic and Independent spectrums. There are some self-identified GOP (admittedly, not many).

Tea party nonsense is not welcome. As site founder Kos has written, there are a million other sites for it. We are interested in discussing issues of interest to Democrats as a whole, not explaining our POV ad infinitum to people who have no interest in seeing our point of view and only seek to proselytize. There are other sites for that sort of discussion.

We have an election to win. And win we will! ;-)

9. 9 Posted by Tim Koechlin on 11 Jun, 2012 01:38 AM

Thanks, all. I'm glad to have the info I need -- and more.

Tim

10. 10 Posted by Free Jazz at Hi... on 11 Jun, 2012 07:54 AM

again: welcome, TIM. Its usually pretty relaxed on the main site. We taxxx n' $penderz typically have a bang up time!

Read the FAQ and feel free to mosey.

I recommend the community diaries: eg JPOST, GUS, and the new Diarists group.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by elfling on 11 Jun, 2012 05:26 PM

I am removing Jersey Tea's posts and blocking him as a spammer, because help desk is not a place to discuss policy. In general, Daily Kos is a place to discuss policy, but if you walk in here with the purpose of disrupting discussion and sowing discord, you will find yourself banned.

12. elfling closed this discussion on 11 Jun, 2012 05:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac