writing a blog

Us on a bus

09 Aug, 2020 11:10 PM

How do you make space between paragraphs? I have contributed 3 items to the site, and have yet to learn how. The spaces are there, and I can make as many lines of space as I wish in edit mode, but when I hit the publish button the spaces disappear in the published version. Any help?

1. 1 Posted by Eyesbright on 09 Aug, 2020 11:56 PM

Deleted on general principle.

2. 2 Posted by Us on a bus on 10 Aug, 2020 07:20 PM

Clearing my cache, so far as I know, would have nothing to do with how to make spaces between paragraphs n a blog.  I suspect I'm being addressed by a robo-something.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 Aug, 2020 10:37 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing.

I don't know what Eyesbright said by way of a reply, but I can attest that that was not an auto-reply.

We generally do encourage users to clear the browser cache as the very first step in troubleshooting for a variety of reasons. The site pushes a lot of content to browsers, to facilitate quicker response times, and for some users the cache available quickly becomes too full to permit appropriate site loading.

The next step we strongly encourage users to take is to open Daily Kos in a private or incognito window to look for resolution of the issue. Sometimes that step does the trick, if the problem is caused by incompatible add-ons or extensions. (Incognito/private windows disable most though not all extensions.)

The story editor we use is a little fussy, and it has some defaults that will assert themselves regardless of users' attempts to override them. Thus, despite our efforts to have the posted version mimic the draft version, that doesn't always happen.

I do see that the first of your posts has spaces between paragraphs as we would expect. Did you have any changes to your computer setup between that post and this one?

We'll continue to troubleshoot with you. Thanks for your support of the site.

4. 4 Posted by Us on a bus on 10 Aug, 2020 11:36 PM

I cleared my browser cache and when next I visit the site to write a bog, I shall do so in Firefox's incognito mode.  Hopefully, this will end my space problem.
    Thanks!
    JHH (Us on a Bus)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac