What do Mojo levels mean?

lmb02

23 Jul, 2020 08:46 PM

I've been searching for hours and can't find anything to answer the question:

What do the Mojo bars mean?

I had 3 bars, now I have 4. I realise it's a positive, but what does that entail? What privs or restrictions exist at each of the Mojo bar levels?

I would think this would be posted somewhere but haven't found it (haven't ever seen a link to the "HelpDesk" either).

Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 23 Jul, 2020 09:14 PM

Any mojo rating between 3-5 gives you Trusted User status with everything that entails. Trusted Users comprise a very small percentage of all users on the site, and the status does convey some advantages. The Trusted User algorithm combines several factors in your membership with and participation in Daily Kos. There is a threshold number set for Trusted User/ 3 bars of mojo (indicated under your avatar).

Mojo contains a lot of moving parts and it is supposed to collect a holistic view of participation on the site. It's a robot, so it's not very smart - that is, it's not actually reading your words and seeing how much you contribute, only using a handful of indicators that we can easily measure that we've seen as correlating with "people appreciate reading this user's content" and "this person helps others find good content and good site users" and "this person generally knows the rules and won't abuse them."

Some of these will increase with time (like how long you've been a member) and some decay with time (in particular, positive ratings for comments you've written). Because of this, you can gain or lose Trusted User status over time without you doing anything in particular. If you haven't taken an action that might change your mojo in a while, it may have been cached. So any action (even a recommend) can have the effect of recalculating your mojo.

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2020 09:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac