page loading

vadem165

14 Jun, 2020 02:57 AM

I was just wondering if anyone else experiences what appears to be a double load of DK pages. When I load a page it often reloads immediately and in the case of the front page I often see the top diary load the second time with a different title than it had the first time. This also means I usually have to hit the back arrow on my browser twice just to go back one page. I'm currently using Microsoft Edge as my browser, but I think I recall the same thing happening on Chrome as well.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 15 Jun, 2020 04:34 PM

Thanks for having an eagle eye. The innovation is related to the new front page we have in progress. (Have you had a chance to check it out yet? It’s viewable now, here.)

Our staff implemented a new headline-testing process for front page stories in mid-April. Headline testing, which means showing alternate headlines for different stories, is standard practice on the homepage of many news sites. This process helps us learn how to best engage readers with our headlines, which will be even more important on our new front page. So moving forward, it will be possible to see one headline on the front page and a different headline when you click through to the story page. Most headlines will only have minor differences, and all are equally accurate.

We do appreciate the feedback you’ve provided about the discrepancy, and we’re taking it into account as we proceed with the tests. Thanks for confirming that any change we make will be quickly noticed by regular and attentive site members like you.

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 15 Jun, 2020 04:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac