How to go to user's home page -- Allowable interaction between WrodPress and DailyKos accounts

Progressive Curmudgeon

11 Jun, 2020 03:09 AM

When I edit my profile, there is a line for "home page". I entered the URL for my blog https://someprogressivethoughts.wordpress.com

How would a user get to my home page if he looks at a story I wrote. I only see the home page address if I edit the profile, not when I simply view it.

What are the rules for interactions between stories on the Wordpress.com and DailyKos.com sites.

Can I place URL's to the Wordpress items in items on Daily Kos? I assume that I can reference DailyKos from WordPress site.

After I place an entry on Daily Kos, can I copy it to Wordpress after a period of time if I include a statement that it originally appeared on DailyKos and provide a link to the original location.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Jun, 2020 09:48 PM

Hello, and thanks for your questions.

I don't see your home page listed on your user profile now. Did you click Save on your Edit Profile page before you left the page?

A user can get to your home page by 1) hovering over your username, whether it is listed as being an author of a story or a comment and then 2) clicking on the name that appears in the mini-profile popup.

But, you can put a link back to your own Wordpress page on any story you write here on Daily Kos. We frown upon spam links--that is, links to commercial products or services--but links to other websites with creative content are acceptable.

You can go in either direction with your content, meaning that you can "cross-post" material that you post on your own site here at Daily Kos if you wish, and you can put content that you post here at Daily Kos on your Wordpress site. It is, of course, helpful and preferable for you to create links within your post to connect to the original source.
    There's no need for a delay. The policy at Daily Kos is for all content that users create to be Open Source, unless a user specifically claims copyright. Read the end of section 2 for details. To claim copyright, a user must put a note to that effect within each published post.

Thanks for checking out our rules here. We appreciate your support of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 11 Jun, 2020 09:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac