losing vision-orange font color is impossible to read, I donate but

Ellen Tenney (unverified)

22 May, 2020 06:37 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the great info. I am disabled and am losing my vision. I am grateful for all the info you send but I am very frustrated by your use of orange fonts, for links and other purposed. I have to enlarge it so much that just a title of a piece requires me to move the screen so I can read it.

Please, please, please, change the color to a lighter grey or a different but legible color.

I try to read but some of your articles have so many places that use the orange foot that I breakdown in tears of totally frustration that I can't even read that that is so important to me.

I am house ounce for several reasons and Daily Kos is one of my trusted sites to keep up with the world and I hate to have to leave it but I will have to.

Many, thousands of people have vision loss so I am not alone. Please change the color used so people like me can read.

Thanks so very much for doing this.

Ellen Tenney

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 May, 2020 10:20 PM

Hello, and thank you for your kind words about the site.

I'm sorry that you're finding the site more difficult to read. We are not likely to change the site color palette. BUT you should be able to adjust the colors that your browser displays.

We don't typically provide support for people to change their browser settings. However, a search of a phrase such as changing display colors within a browser should get you started. I'm also going to leave this ticket open in case other site users come across it and have some helpful suggestions to offer you. (I did, by the way, remove your phone number from the bottom of your original query. We do not communicate with users over the phone, and it is just as well for that information not to be circulated.)

We'll keep watch over this ticket to see what other folks contribute to the discussion.

2. 2 Posted by Ellen Tenney (u... on 26 May, 2020 10:52 PM

Hi,
    Thanks for your response. You don't have to change the palate you could
    just outline the light orange.

If you were going blind you'd appreciate someone making a slight change
    that would be a huge difference. But whatever...

I have changed the display colors but even that creates other challenges.

Please remove the entire query.

Thanks
    Ellen Tenney

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac