Titles

eeff

20 May, 2020 02:25 PM

Why are they changing ? It looks like someone is editing the front page titles, when you open the post it goes back to the author's chose. It drives me crazy ! I sometimes have a post saved to read later, forget & open the new titled front page post !

1. 1 Posted by MargaretPOA on 20 May, 2020 02:32 PM

I'd kinda like to know the answer to that as well. I know that you guys like to keep inner workings close but surely you can explain this?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 May, 2020 03:00 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. We appreciate your eagle eye(s).

The innovation is related to the new front page we have in progress. (Have you had a chance to check it out yet? It’s viewable now, here.)

Our staff implemented a new headline-testing process for front page stories in mid-April. Headline testing, which means showing alternate headlines for different stories, is standard practice on the homepage of many news sites. This process helps us learn how to best engage readers with our headlines, which will be even more important on our new front page. So moving forward, it will be possible to see one headline on the front page and a different headline when you click through to the story page. Most headlines will only have minor differences, and all are equally accurate.

Thanks for confirming that any change we make will be quickly noticed by regular and attentive site members like the two of you.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 May, 2020 03:00 PM.

4. eeff re-opened this discussion on 20 May, 2020 03:13 PM

5. 3 Posted by eeff on 20 May, 2020 03:13 PM

It sucks IMO
    Gabe's new post is doing it !

Just stop it !

I read 50 articles a day on dailkos, the title change messes up my way of doing that & waste my time !

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 May, 2020 03:18 PM

I'll make sure to let folks know how much you dislike it. Thanks for the feedback.

7. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 May, 2020 03:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac