Want to copy a diary about people stuck in Peru, verbatim, and post to Senators with request to help

TulsaGal

20 Mar, 2020 05:53 PM

Hi, I wanted to check with you guys to see what the policy is on copying content from DKOS to forward. I tried looking for it and didn't find anything in the Discussions archive.

My senators are not worth the salt that goes in their bread (one is STILL lying about the Covid-19 virus here), but I wanted to forward the diary from the woman stranded in Peru, to them both anyway (Inhofe and Lankford). Inhofe is on the Armed Services Committee so should be able to do something to help, if he chooses. It's this one by glassgirl: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/20/1929393/-My-group-and-I-stranded-in-Peru-PLEASE-HELP?utm_campaign=trending

Inhofe and Lankford don't allow the posting of links, and I've tried posting a link so that it is text (e.g., www dot website dot com), and
made them both annoyed, apparently. Guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Cheers, Tulsagal

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Mar, 2020 07:41 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

The answer you seek is on the site but in an obscure place. I'll give you the link now for future reference. This is the relevant text (from the middle of the section under point 2):

Site content written by community members belongs to the individual authors. Those authors are free to determine their own copyright. Currently, that copyright defaults to an open content (public domain) license. Authors are free to change that license at their own discretion.

In practice, you'll see a very few users include a special note on their posts claiming personal copyright. This is not one of them. And under the circumstances, I'm sure they would welcome their plea being shared far and wide.
    So, please feel free to copy and paste the content to whoever you think could be useful. If one of your GOP senators doesn't exert himself to rise to the challenge, perhaps a staffer will have a heart and get involved to the extent possible. And certainly Inhofe might be looking to get some positive press right about now.

Good luck! Stay safe out there.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Mar, 2020 07:41 PM.

3. TulsaGal re-opened this discussion on 20 Mar, 2020 08:03 PM

4. 2 Posted by TulsaGal on 20 Mar, 2020 08:03 PM

Thank you, I'll do that. And you be safe as well!

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Mar, 2020 10:12 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac