publish limit?

A DC Wonk

19 Mar, 2020 02:57 PM

I just wrote an article, and when I hit "publish" I got: "Slow down! You have reached your time limit for publishing new stories."

My previous story was on the evening of March 17. The one before that was months ago.

Can you tell me how to deal with this? During this "crisis" I think I can contribute (my Mar 17 story hit the rec list -- my current unpublishable story are tips for those who are teleworking).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 19 Mar, 2020 03:11 PM

Good morning, and thanks for asking.

Every so often, the system burps like this for no obvious reason. We don't have a very tight limit on story publication at all, so you are correct, this is anomalous. Although it has happened sporadically for a while, if I recall correctly we've not yet figured out what triggers the brake.

I'll see if there are other workarounds as well as raise this with our dev team. But my first suggestion is simply to start a new story draft. Even if you copy and paste the contents that you've already written into it, it's usually true that the new draft is treated differently by the system.

Please let us know what happens if you try that route.

2. 2 Posted by siab on 19 Mar, 2020 06:54 PM

IIRC, once you have saved the diary, the workaround suggested from a couple of months ago was to publish from your Drafts page. That evidently sidestepped whatever the problem was.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 19 Mar, 2020 07:04 PM

Also a good strategy, thanks for the reminder.

To be specific: instead of publishing from the story draft window, save your draft in its final form, then close that window and go instead to your own drafts page, where you will see it listed (alone or with any others, depending on what you have in progress). It's been the case that publishing from here, as siab mentions, will work without incident.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac