can I embed my own sound files in a story?

bwren

13 Feb, 2020 10:24 PM

I'd like to do a Backyard Science story describing a young male song sparrow's progress in learning his song. I've made some voice recordings that show how he's been doing, but am not sure if there's a direct way to embed them to a story. If there's no direct way perhaps you could direct me to a workaround. I do have my own server so could add links from the story to the individual MP3 files.

Thoughts? Ideas?

thanks,
bwren

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Feb, 2020 11:53 PM

Aww, how cool.

Well, what an interesting question, and having the sound files as part of the story would be fascinating.

We do permit embedding of Soundcloud files for sure, though I don't know how simple it is to use that platform. If you have your own server, I am betting you won't find it too difficult to create an account there and upload some files to it. I have not used it myself in that way, but apparently there is a way to upload a file and provide access only to those who have a specific link to it. https://soundcloud.com

If that turns out not to be a productive path, please feel free to return and let us know. It might be possible to devise another workaround.

2. 2 Posted by bwren on 14 Feb, 2020 12:46 AM

Nifty cool! I'll check out Soundcloud and see how it works. In the meantime, I'm relearning how to use my audio editor so it might be a bit before everythingl comes together. Thanks so much.

bwren

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac