Incomplete comments

Don (unverified)

21 Dec, 2019 04:57 PM

When scroll down to read the comments, why are they not displayed fully . . . The comments on my fire get stop in mid sentence and leave while sections out making reading them impossible?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 23 Dec, 2019 09:58 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry that you're having this difficulty accessing our site.

You're not logged in here at Helpdesk so I don't know whether you have a user account at the site. If you DO, then I suspect that you see only part of the comments because you have loaded them in "collapsed" mode. Collapsed comments display only the first 50 characters of the opening line; if the content is longer than that an orange 3-dot ellipsis follows the text. Is that what you see?

If so, then there is an easy remedy: Look for the little "carat" to the left of any comment and click on it. The comment (and its children) should open fully. A little more time-consuming but globally applied: Change the comment setting "Collapse on load" [accessible via the Comment Settings link at the top of every comment thread] so that
    it is UNchecked.

If this is NOT the case for you, because either you do not have a user account, or you're not logged in, or it's not simply the first line that's truncated, then we have a different issue. Are you able to capture a screenshot and attach it here, along with the URL of a story where you have this problem? Lastly, please provide as many specifics about your Fire as you can (e.g. version number) so we can try to replicate the problem.

Thank you for your help with troubleshooting.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac