Approved embed sources (and problem with knowledge base info)

Besame

11 Dec, 2019 08:02 PM

First the problem - Mokuri's story about embed sources that is linked in the Knowledge Base goes to the beta site and isn't accessible.

So - what are they? Flickr, PhotoBucket, Youtube Twitter Facebook - used to be Instagram but I've not been able to use it for a year or so and IDKY. I thought xkcd but that hasn't worked either (these might be my goof).

thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Dec, 2019 10:59 PM

Oh ho. Thank you for catching that error. I'll put it on my list--and it likely does need updating anyway.

Hmm, embeds should work routinely from Flickr, Photobucket (though their own user terms are dicey lately), YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, as you mention. Instagram no, as far as I know (for now)--I seem to recall that they changed their code. Plus a few significant ones you didn't mention, in case you're interested: Vimeo; Soundcloud; and various Google docs (+ spreadsheets, slides). And a few polls, including Civiqs.

Good thing you asked about xkcd. It's not an embed that will work for everyone, though some non-staff site users do have extra whitelist capacity. I honestly forget how that is arranged/administered but I could find out if you wish.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac