A new "Read More" **after** opening every diary / post?

sawgrass727

28 Nov, 2019 07:13 PM

I understand "Continue Reading and "Read More" on front page posts but did the website change so that there ALSO is a "Read More" in each diary?? Did I miss an announcement about this? It's an inconvenient user interface requirement for no obvious purpose.

I browse the front page and open in a new tab those posts or diaries that I'l like to read. When I go to each tab, now I ALSO must click Read More to read the full post / diary. Perhaps this new "feature" is intended to help pages load faster on mobile devices but I always read from a desktop.

If the feature must be kept, I'd lile to have a preference option in my Profile to turn it off.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Dec, 2019 01:01 AM

Hello, and thanks for asking for help. Sorry for the delayed reply.

I gave some time to checking out your query a couple of days ago, but now I think perhaps I misunderstood in my first pass. I think I have a better handle on the question now.

It's not the case that only Front Page posts have the Read More trigger; any story that was published with a story break (the replacement for the orange divider-doodle that was retired with DK5) will load on the blog page showing only the story intro plus Read more/Continue Reading. Clicking on the story title should also, however, open the full story, and that is also what I would expect to happen when you open it in a new tab.

And indeed, iIt does do that for me, as expected, on some browsers. Perhaps there is something browser-specific we need to check and fix. Could you please tell me the browser and operating system you're using?

Could you also see if this happens when you are using a private/incognito browser window? I find it difficult to imagine the sort of extension that might interfere with this loading process, but maybe something does. Using a private/incognito window disables most extensions, and thus gives us a chance to figure it out.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting, and thanks for your long-time support of the site.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac