I use the latest Chrome edition and I have noticed that...

BFSkinner

16 Nov, 2019 03:40 PM

....over the last few months and a problem has shown up and if anything it is getting worse. I wonder if it is an issue I suffer alone from or if it is something that people are already are aware of/there is a solution out there for it.

When I am on a diary page, any diary...be it on the front page... a side-bar recent diary, or a diary I found via comments, that when I press the back arrow on Chrome it seems to take 10-20 times for it to work... and it needs to be done with the cursor in a very sweet spot or it will not work at all.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 18 Nov, 2019 08:03 PM

Thanks for reporting the issue, which is one that has been reported before. I'll check the status since it's not coming immediately to mind.

2. 2 Posted by BFSkinner on 18 Nov, 2019 08:30 PM

Thank you for the update.

3. 3 Posted by CowboyInvestor on 18 Nov, 2019 09:01 PM

I have the same problem in Chrome. Also, I want to get rid of the notifications of additional comments that appear in little boxes next to the area that I am writing my comment in. I don't know if the issues are related, but I really don't care if other people are making comments while I am making a few of my own.

4. 4 Posted by Besame on 20 Nov, 2019 03:05 AM

I also have this problem - been this way for months

5. 5 Posted by Besame on 20 Nov, 2019 03:07 AM

shoot - forgot to add - if I look at the history in the back arrow, I see the same page (e.g., a page with replies to a comment of mine, for ex) repeated as if each reply on that page I read was interpreted by Chrome as a different page.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Nov, 2019 03:17 PM

Hmm. That's an interesting wrinkle (re separate history listing for each reply).
    Sorry not to have much of an answer for you yet, and now that we're in the middle of the holiday week it might not get addressed fully till Monday. But it has not fallen off the list of items to check.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac