What is the logic which was applied to determine what Yang votes were counted in the most recent Straw Poll?

riques

08 Nov, 2019 07:29 PM

I recently posted a Diary regarding this concern:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/11/8/1898070/-Kos-revise-the-online-straw-poll-tabulation-policy-now

In that Diary, I repeatedly make the point that DKos should explain the logic which was used to determine which votes should be counted and which should not. Kos asserted that a large percentage of the Yang votes were discarded which is why the Yang share of the vote went from 35% to statistically insignificant enough to be lumped into the "Other" category.

So my primary question is this:

What is the logic which was applied to determine what Yang votes were counted in the most recent Straw Poll?

In addition, I have other questions:

Assuming usage of good logic to make such a determination, why is that logic not applied up-front so as to not even include those votes in the running total?
Assuming that not all Yang votes were "fake", why is it that Yang is not even listed in the final results?
Assuming that Yang votes were lumped into "Other" how many votes were lumped into "Other"?
Why does DKos not make available the final count of all votes - if not in the chart displayed, then at least by way of a doc that could be downloaded and viewed by members?
Is DKos not at all concerned that efforts to "unskew" poll results will appear to be undemocratic and not reflective of a progressive agenda?
Is DKos not at all concerned that such efforts will drive away potential new members?
Given the apparent energy in support of integrity in the vote count, then why not establish and enforce guidelines that will ensure that? For example, why not restrict voting (at least in the preference straw poll) to members - even going so far as to restrict it to members with a minimum tenure of membership and a minimal number of comments (excluding brief comments, such as one-word or two-word replies)

If you read my Diary, you will see that I am a Warren supporter. I also am a supporter of fairness, good governance, and transparency.

I look forward to your explanation. Thanks!

Regards,
-- Rique

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac