Flagged (?) comment

ArcticStones

23 Oct, 2019 04:30 PM

Greetings!

I just received a message from DailyKos regarding one of my posts:

https://www.dailykos.com/comments/1894479/75299987#comment_75299987

The message read:

"Will a government shutdown include all Secret Service Agents walking off their job?
Asking for a friend…

/s"

I am not sure why this message, which is clearly labelled as snark, is in violation of any rule or being disallowed. There is no hint or advocacy of violence here. Please note that this message could (and should) be interpreted as a sincere concern for Trump’s well-being from my fictitious friend.

Please advise.

Best regards,
ArctitStones

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 23 Oct, 2019 05:28 PM

We agree that the comment should have been flagged, that is to say hidden from casual readers visiting the site.

We count on our Trusted Users to understand and apply site rules. The most stringently enforced rule on Daily Kos is the rule against advocating violence, for which you have already been warned twice (and timed out once). Most users are banned after two warnings.

Adding a cosmetic snark tag is no excuse, as claiming jest, hyperbole or poetic justice is no defense per our Rules of the Road, which we ask you to once again review.

You may consider this your final warning on the subject.
    www.dailykos.com/rules-of-the-road

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 23 Oct, 2019 05:28 PM.

3. ArcticStones re-opened this discussion on 23 Oct, 2019 05:43 PM

4. 2 Posted by ArcticStones on 23 Oct, 2019 05:46 PM

Thank you for replying. I have noted your response. I am re-reading the Rules of the Road to make sure that I do not again risk violating the rules, or being perceived as being in violation of them.

Respectfully,
    ArcticStones

5. ArcticStones closed this discussion on 23 Oct, 2019 05:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac