getting to the current front page

Democrat in the South

23 Sep, 2019 12:16 PM

For days I see no way to get to the current front page. I can find one article on front page but when I try to get back to the front page or when I come to Dkos from another website it takes me directly to my comments and gives me no option to get to front page. This has happened before and just cleared up on its own. I have to go to a comment, click on the story to get to a spot that I can click and a box drops down for front page, but then I can only see one story and when leaving that story it takes me back to my comments with no option to get to front page stories. Not to mention my dkos doesn’t allow me to see who rec’d any comments including my own and hasn’t for weeks or months.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 23 Sep, 2019 02:48 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking for help. Sorry that you're having difficulties.

There are two key steps for you to take first, before we dive into diagnostics more deeply.

First, please see if using the site in a private or incognito window solves the problem. If it does, that strongly suggests that you have an add-on or extension that is interfering with site loading. You'll have to go through a process of elimination to find the culprit, but the category of ad blockers is a common source of many kinds of site-loading issues.

Second, please clear your cache and cookies for the site. Sometimes, especially for heavy site visitors/users, the device you're using just gets clogged with old data.

If neither one of these troubleshooting steps does the trick for you, please return to let us know. We'll also need to know what browser/operating system you are using to see if we can replicate the problem.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting, and thanks for supporting the mission of the site.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac