dKos mail

tobie

08 Sep, 2019 04:36 PM

I'm trying to figure out how I can send a message using dKos's mail system to more than one member of the community. This is not a group mail. But I'd like to get in touch with two frequent posters here. I know how to send a message to one person but not two in dKos's mail system. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 08 Sep, 2019 07:26 PM

Not this edition - sorry. Maybe when they finally finish upgrading, we'll be able to send to a list, and oh, will my fingers thank them. At this point, the best you can do, ourside of Group messaging, is one person.

Of course, you could make up a new Group, invite the two people to join it, and then live with checking your mailbox on a regular basis because the messages from Groups don't announce themselves...

Hell you could keep the same Group name and kick off/invite new people each time you wanted to do a multi-person chat session...

2. 2 Posted by AgingAlphaWolf on 09 Sep, 2019 01:54 AM

How do I find my suspension penalties, the duration, when I will regain my abilities to comment, reply and issue new diaries?
    Also, is there a process of appeal in-place. I'm a newbie and don't know very much about a whole lot of the rules and regs.
    I was so startled when I received and agreed to be suspended (or kicked out?) that I failed to copy the notification. Is there a way to retrieve it to read again?

3. 3 Posted by siab on 09 Sep, 2019 02:46 AM

AgingAlphaWolf - you need to start opening your own tickets here rather than tagging on to ones that are already open. On the page coming into the Help Desk there are links to Open a Discussion, Browse Open Threads, and one to past faqs. On each forum page there is an Open New discussion link at the top left. You need to reopen this discussion as a single question, preferably as a Private Discussion under Community & Moderation (which is also the process of appeal).

You cannot retrieve the notification, but Staff here can tell you what it was for, and the length of your TimeOut. Likely it is for either one or three days, but that's a guess. You may or may not get a response, but I would advise you to reread the Rules of the Road in detail before you again try giving advice to another user which is contrary to what is in there. I note that the community does, in fact, do the primary work of moderating comments on the site, and Risen Tree's remarks to you were well within legitimate parameters.

4. tobie closed this discussion on 09 Sep, 2019 03:38 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac