Annoying ad placement

Karen Green (unverified)

05 Feb, 2012 06:43 PM

Why must the placement of the Planned Parenthood pink ribbon always be on the articles I am trying to read? I am a supporter but that doesn't mean I want to have a ribbon covering part of what I am trying to read.

1. 1 Posted by My eyes hurt (u... on 05 Feb, 2012 07:35 PM

Yes, please remove the stupid floating funding appeal which is blocking half the screen. Since you've not included a way to click off the ad and I've grown tired of scrolling up and down to avoid it, I'll give up for today and hope you avoid this in the future.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 05 Feb, 2012 08:29 PM

Clicking it once should make it go away on all browsers. If you're not able to do this, please let me know and report your browser.

3. 3 Posted by ProximalSuns on 05 Feb, 2012 09:12 PM

In other words, it's all the users fault. Clicking it once took you to the ad. No obvious X to close button.

4. 4 Posted by Karen Green (un... on 05 Feb, 2012 09:56 PM

JNo, clicking takes me to an ActBlue site to make a contribution.  Safari and Firefox.

>________________________________
    > From: elfling <[email blocked]>
    >To: [email blocked]
    >Sent: Sunday, February 5, 2012 11:28 AM
    >Subject: Re: Annoying ad placement [Questions]
    >
    >

5. 5 Posted by ProximalSuns on 06 Feb, 2012 12:57 AM

Reason is DKOS folks are looking at on big monitors so the ad is off to the side in skin ad area. They don't see the problem. Users with smaller screens where the ad blots out good chunk of real estate probably have to live with it. Likely not a paid ad, donated by DKOS, so no reason it can't be made static so folks can get away from it. There is a static ad there also so maybe just bag the annoying version so folks don't get testy with PP over annoying ad.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by elfling on 06 Feb, 2012 05:13 AM

There is an X to close on the ribbon, but it's on the right side and fairly subtle. It goes over the text for everyone, including us.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by elfling on 06 Feb, 2012 05:14 AM

If you click and end up at ActBlue, you can just close that window and the ribbon will be gone permanently regardless of whether you take any action at ActBlue.

8. 8 Posted by Karen Green (un... on 06 Feb, 2012 08:12 AM

I did that and it was not gone.  I will look carefully for the little x you mentioned in your last comment.

>________________________________
    > From: elfling <[email blocked]>
    >To: [email blocked]
    >Sent: Sunday, February 5, 2012 8:14 PM
    >Subject: Re: Annoying ad placement [Questions]
    >
    >

9. System closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2016 09:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac