Moving Between Screens

canjinak

30 Jul, 2019 06:15 PM

Help, Bitte! I left my mobile screen for the desktop screen to look something up. I forgot to hit the back key to get back and now can’t find my way back to the mobile screen. There’s no button to tap!?! There was one for the desktop screen at the bottom and I’m sure there used to be one to get back to Mobile. Can someone help me out? DK, is there any way to put these two back and forth buttons prominently at the bottom of the screen? I’m sure I’m not alone in this problem. Thanks very much for any assistance with finding my way back to my mobile screen!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 30 Jul, 2019 06:29 PM

Hi!

For the mobile screen just put the letter m in front, as in https://m.dailykos.com

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 30 Jul, 2019 06:29 PM.

3. canjinak re-opened this discussion on 30 Jul, 2019 06:37 PM

4. 2 Posted by canjinak on 30 Jul, 2019 06:37 PM

Thx for responding. My problem is when I’m already on screen, having gotten there from DK’s emailed topic list. There used to be a key at the bottom to go either way. Now just a key to get from mobile to desktop screen. I’m trying to get back to mobile so the mobile screen pops up when I come in via mobile phone.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Jul, 2019 06:54 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.
    Yes, you are right--there should be a tiny little orange link at the bottom of the home page only (you have to scroll way down to find it) to "View Mobile Site." It's next to the RSS link and both are toward the right, just above the footer.
    If you don't see it, please let us know, and also tell us what device and browser you are using. Appreciate your help with troubleshooting.

6. 4 Posted by canjinak on 30 Jul, 2019 07:11 PM

Replying to my own reply above! I got it. Ok, so I went back to my DK email, opened a random diary, then replaced the “www” w/ an “m” and refreshed. Voila! Mobile version! THEN I opened another diary and got the mobile screen. Problem solved! Thank you soooooo much‼️

Update; “View Mobile Site” is no longer visible. It once was and I always used it, but no more. That’s why I was stuck. I have an iPhone7, use Safari for Internet.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 Jul, 2019 09:24 PM

Thank you for BOTH reports. That's great.
    But I am puzzled by the link's absence for you. Are you sure that you were looking for it on the home page, and not on a story page? I see it myself on my iOS/Safari combo on an iPhone 7.

8. 6 Posted by canjinak on 01 Aug, 2019 10:36 AM

Good morning,

I followed your lead and found the link on the home page as you noted. I was on a diary page. Well that settles that, plus I have a new instant go back with the “m” change in the web address. Seriously, thank you very, very, very much for your extreme patience and for clarifying! I won’t be forgetting the lesson! It’s all most appreciated!!!! ‼️

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 01 Aug, 2019 02:26 PM

Fabulous. Glad you see it, since it would be problematic if it were not there!

You're very welcome. We're always happy to help. :)

10. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 01 Aug, 2019 02:26 PM.

11. canjinak re-opened this discussion on 01 Aug, 2019 04:40 PM

12. 8 Posted by canjinak on 01 Aug, 2019 04:40 PM

Thank you for being always awesome!!!
    J.

13. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 01 Aug, 2019 05:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac