changing password

bolide (unverified)

21 Jul, 2019 03:11 AM

I've tried to change my password as requested. I've done it twice now. But your password change window gives me no confirmation of whether it happened or not. The only thing that happens is the "change password" button changes color--otherwise it just sits there. I don't get an email, there's no message saying "password changed!" etc. So is my password changed, or not?

For those of us with older or cranky computers, we really need a POSITIVE CONFIRMATION that the change took place, as well as a note beforehand saying what the confirmation will be. I hope you will consider adding those elements.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 21 Jul, 2019 06:26 AM

Sorry you are having trouble with the password change request.

Here are a few questions, and some comments that have helped others..

If you changed your password on from the Edit Profile page, you have to scroll near the bottom of the page and click the orange SAVE button.

Can you log in with the new password?

Can you log in with the old password?

Let us know and then we will give you the next step.

Thanks for your patience.

2. 2 Posted by ChicagoNotSoSli... on 21 Jul, 2019 12:55 PM

Easily changed password on MacBookPro, but on iPhone it asks for logon. Is that my email or Nickname?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 21 Jul, 2019 05:19 PM

Thanks for asking.

Strictly speaking, a Daily Kos user can logon with either a username OR the email address associated with the user account. However, many people think that the email at which they receive the Daily Kos Recommended emails is the same as their email of record for their user account here at the site. That is NOT necessarily the case. So for most people, logging on with the username will be much more reliable.

And a slight correction to the description of the password change from the Edit Profile page. The entire process is done within the Change Password popup. If you see a confirmation window that includes this message in a green box -- Your password has been changed successfully -- then you are all set. (See attached screenshot.) Take care then to update any browsers where your password has been saved.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2019 05:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac