Password without working log in

ZenTrainer

16 Jul, 2019 11:58 PM

It occurred to me that since the great change, I am only offered a choice to log in 50% of the time when I come to Daily Kos. The rest of the time I use a work around someone taught me - I click on a diary on the rec list and there I am, all logged in.

Will this method still work with the new password security system?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by elfling on 17 Jul, 2019 12:01 AM

If you log in with "remember me" you should stay logged in on that browser indefinitely.

2. 2 Posted by ZenTrainer on 17 Jul, 2019 12:28 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a "remember me" option, I'll check. I just went from the Help Desk to Daily Kos using the button at the top of this page and I was no longer signed in at Daily Kos. I was when I first came here to the help desk.

3. 3 Posted by ZenTrainer on 17 Jul, 2019 12:29 AM

Just for clarification, I just went back to Daily Kos using the button at the top of this page and "log in" was not even an option.

4. 4 Posted by ZenTrainer on 17 Jul, 2019 12:34 AM

So, I just logged out and then logged back in. There was no "remember me" option and when I logged in I was not logged in. There was no special notice, my profile just wasn't in the right hand corner and I was back on the page with no log in option.

This is not important at all in the scheme of things though elfling. Shouldn't you be off work by now???

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac