is this intentional? inability to zoom in/out page?

Besame

15 Jun, 2019 06:57 PM

The last couple weeks (? - since the new comment format became active), I've not been able to use the trackpad on my MacBook to zoom in on something on any DK page that loads a story. I can do so on the Front Page of DK though. I use this to see details in photos (nature ones usually). The page size is fixed except if I use the View menu on my browser (Chrome), I can zoom in/out (or using Command + or -). But I used to be able to use my fingers on the trackpad and brush them in/out to zoom in/out.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 16 Jun, 2019 07:08 PM

You can still use it in the old pages - Profile, Comments, etc., or at least that's my Windows experience, though I'm limited to keyboard zooms in the DK5 format with the new comments. Both keyboard and mouse work for me in the older pages, and I'm reasonably certain that I'd have the same results with my pad if I had it enabled.

2. 2 Posted by Besame on 16 Jun, 2019 08:03 PM

Yes it still works using the trackpad on the DK4 pages and the Front Page.
    I use the zoom in to see fine details in nature pics mostly and the only
    zoom that works on story pages is the + key or the menu option under View.
    Someone else said the same thing happens for them in comments to PWB Peeps
    yesterday. It's a work around but more cumbersome & slow to use command+
    (click click click click click ....) instead of the rapid millisecond of
    using the trackpad.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Jun, 2019 03:23 PM

Thanks for noting this issue. You're right, the trackpad tool is not working well in a variety of ways with the new comments, and it's been ticketed. Sorry for the hassle in the meantime.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac