yearly subscription email

silverfox43

08 May, 2019 03:07 PM

I received this email today,

Dear silverfox43,

You are about to be billed for your next year's subscription to Daily Kos. You don't need to do anything. For help or to manage your subscription click here.

The Daily Kos Team.

I don't remember selecting a yearly subscription for Daily Kos. But I have donated $65 so far this year. I need an explanation.

Regards,
Andy Ligas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 09 May, 2019 12:05 AM

Hello, and thanks for your inquiry.

Thanks also for your donations to the site this year (and in prior years as well). We very much appreciate your financial support.

Yes, our records indicate that you have donated $65 so far this year (2019) and that you donated $51 in 2018--all of these via ActBlue. (I can supply specific dates if you need them.) But you also paid for an annual subscription to the site on May 21, 2018. It will autorenew on or about the 21st of this month, using the same credit card you used on that date, unless you cancel your subscription.

It's completely up to you, of course, how you choose to proceed. The benefit most people appreciate about subscribing is the ability to view the site ad-free.

If you want the subscription to renew at $40, you need do nothing (assuming the card you used then is still valid). If you do not want it to renew, then it's fairly simple to stop it. The Site Subscriptions FAQ on the Knowledge Base explains the process. https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb/subscriptions-donations-and-advert... Here is the relevant section:

You may cancel a subscription renewal at any time by going to the Subscribe page when you are logged in. On that page you will see text announcing that you have a subscription in force, with its expiration date. You will also see an orange hyperlink, "Cancel subscription." Click on it and then confirm the cancellation on the page that opens next.... [Choosing] to cancel means that your current subscription will remain in force until its renewal date. It will end on that date and no autorenewal will be processed.

Thanks again for your support of the mission of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 09 May, 2019 12:05 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac