FAQ

jinglebts

07 May, 2019 06:17 PM

I'm sure it's obvious to everyone but me, but where is the FAQ link?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 May, 2019 07:20 PM

Hi and thanks for asking.
    Well, it depends. If you're looking for the "Knowledge Base," you're almost there. Click on https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb for the display of articles available.
    Do you have a specific question? If so, asking it here is likely the best way to get an answer.

2. 2 Posted by RBKobe on 08 May, 2019 05:33 PM

Why are there some members comments I can't "recommend" while there are others I can?
    Thanks

3. 3 Posted by bleeding blue on 08 May, 2019 11:11 PM

RBKobe --

You're probably seeing a mix of old and new comments in a diary. You can only "recommend" a comment within 24 hours.

Often diaries are started by DK staff writers on the right side of the page, then are put up on the Front Page after some period of time...could be days later. New comments are added as people are drawn to it.

4. 4 Posted by RBKobe on 09 May, 2019 02:37 PM

Thank you! I thought there was some special "hierarchy" or something, to
    which I didn't belong! Hahaha. Good to know it's just because, as usual,
    I'm behind in my reading :)

5. 5 Posted by jinglebts on 09 May, 2019 03:23 PM

You are sending these to the wrong email address. RBKobe is not me. In fact, She / he is probably quite baffled now.

But I can find the FAQs now, thank you very much!!

(PS I knew the answer to RBKobe’s question — yay!)

6. 6 Posted by jinglebts on 09 May, 2019 03:25 PM

It seems we have the same email address. How can that be? Now I’m baffled.

Alix

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 09 May, 2019 04:01 PM

Hello, and sorry for confusion, jinglebts.

The ticket you created is PUBLIC, so anyone who is intrigued by your initial query can stop by and add a comment. Also, opening a ticket OR making a comment on a ticket automatically puts one on the list for notifications of replies, unless someone chooses to decline such notices.

Thus your first comment garnered some responses, and each time someone answered, that triggered a notification to everyone who had commented on the thread & hadn't removed their email from alerts.

I'm glad you got your initial question answered, and I hope that the other matter makes sense to you now. Thanks for asking, and feel free to return with any other questions.

PS--The software here is set to screen out email addresses that users put in the comment boxes, but as an extra layer of protection I edited your message to delete the email anyway.

8. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 09 May, 2019 04:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac