how do I change subscription type from $40 annual to anything else?

RichardAG

08 Jan, 2019 04:00 PM

I had an $40 annual subscription that I wanted to change. I couldn't see a way to do that, so I cancelled it to keep it from auto-renewing in a few weeks, but when I try to subscribe again, it still doesn't give me any other options.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 08 Jan, 2019 04:53 PM

That's because there IS no other type of subscription. There used to be a lifetime subscription, but although DK is still honoring those, they're not offering new ones.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 08 Jan, 2019 05:07 PM

Thanks for asking, Richard AG. The reply from siab is correct: the annual $40 subscription is the only one that site members can purchase now.

Here is the Site Subscriptions FAQ: https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb/subscriptions-donations-and-advert... If you have additional questions, please feel free to return to ask.

We appreciate your support of the mission of the site.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 08 Jan, 2019 05:07 PM.

4. RichardAG re-opened this discussion on 08 Jan, 2019 05:42 PM

5. 3 Posted by RichardAG on 08 Jan, 2019 05:42 PM

Thanks. I guess the confusion is that I get emails asking me to contribute $5/month, which is what I was considering. So how does that work if it isn’t an option on the subscription site?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac