Discussion boards

bcallan

04 Dec, 2018 03:06 PM

Hi there, Not sure how/where to sign up for discussion boards so they show up in my stream. I seem to have been able to do so for one board but I don't recall what I did. Any suggestions? Thanks! BC

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 04 Dec, 2018 07:53 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

It's a good idea to make more use of your stream. It's a slightly complicated explanation to walk you through, but it's pretty easy to do in practice.

Your stream gets populated by people, tags, or groups that you "follow." There are several ways to follow a group, tag, or person, but here's one of them.

When you are logged in, go to your profile page. In the middle section of it, you'll see two rows of tabs. "Following" is in the top row. Click on it, and then you'll see a number of options -- people, groups, tags, hotlisted diaries, and blogroll. The last two of these don't matter for our purposes here, since they don't affect your stream.

But the first three do. You are already following a few groups, so if you click on the Groups tab there, you'll see them. You'll also see an option to add more groups to follow. The searc window there will help you find them if you don't know the exact name.

A similar process is available for following people (individual users) and tags. After you've made your choices, then go look at your stream, which will be populated with the relevant output associated with any of those items you've chosen to follow.

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

Right now, you follow three groups, SciTech, Science Matters, and Single Payer. To have followed SciTech, you probably went to the group's diary-list page. I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks like. See the little heart at the top, next to the group's name? The heart and Follow are a link. Clicking on it

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 04 Dec, 2018 07:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac