Vote Builder // VAN

CitizenJoe

27 Nov, 2018 05:55 PM

Is there a Vote Builder // VAN users group? It would be useful to share information, tips, discoveries, and--yes--woes. It's a powerful, flawed, tool, and we need to use it better.
https://www.ngpvan.com

1. 1 Posted by bleeding blue on 27 Nov, 2018 07:09 PM

I don't see one. You could start a group.

I use Vote Builder and MiniVan at an intermediate level, I might be interested.

I'm not currently involved with the other NGP/VAN functions however. Our WA Leg. Dist. Democratic org. uses it as a back-office tool, but I don't need access to it to do the things I do.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Nov, 2018 08:02 PM

Hello, and yes, sounds like a good idea. Timely, considering where we are in the election cycle -- great plan to get trained up now. If you don't mind, I'll pass along your query to Chris Reeves also, who might help boost interest in such a topic with a Nuts & Bolts post about it, whether you create a group devoted to this area of interest or not.

If you need some tips about setting up a group, please let us know. It's a relatively straightforward process, but no doubt there are some elements that are less than transparent the first time through.

Thanks for asking.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 27 Nov, 2018 08:02 PM.

4. CitizenJoe re-opened this discussion on 28 Nov, 2018 02:31 PM

5. 3 Posted by CitizenJoe on 28 Nov, 2018 02:31 PM

Thank you. And thank bleeding blue. I could do a short diary, and if can be included under the Nuts&Bolts aegis, it might get more eyeballs. The real value will be in the comments and in getting people to use the tool.
    Joe
        On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 12:02:56 PM PST, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

6. 4 Posted by CitizenJoe on 28 Nov, 2018 02:33 PM

Thanks. I'll plan to do a short diary, and start a group; most of the group will already be more skilled than I am--but I've been in those groups before....
        On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:09:36 AM PST, bleeding blue <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 28 Nov, 2018 03:37 PM

Sounds good. We'll keep an eye out for them.

8. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 28 Nov, 2018 03:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac