Where did the "recommended" sidebar go?

Douglas Dodds (unverified)

07 Oct, 2018 04:15 PM

As I was browsing Daily Kos yesterday, Saturday, Oct. 6, suddenly the article/diary page that I clicked on loaded without the accustomed sidebar on the right side with a list of "recommended" pages and "most shared" pages. That was actually pretty bad, because that feature furnished the handles that I use to pick out most of the pages that I want to read.

So, my question: is this a change to site operation that was suddenly sprung, or did I mistakenly click on something that made it happen? I couldn't immediately find any control or item that would do the latter. So, can anybody tell me what happened to the way I see Daily Kos in my browser? Thanks for any help.

1. 1 Posted by siab on 08 Oct, 2018 10:04 AM

Check the zoom factor for the site. You may have inadvertently raised it, and that can cause diary pages to lose the RH column, though it generally doesn't affect the Front Page.

2. 2 Posted by Douglas Dodds (... on 08 Oct, 2018 02:42 PM

Thanks, siab! That's exactly what happened. I must have had my left hand accidentally on the "command" shift while I was scrolling with my right hand on the mouse. (Macintosh, magic mouse, FireFox browser.) So I zoomed the DK page out a little, and the RH column magically reappeared. Thanks a lot!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac