how to change my email address for DK

Northcoast Nell

25 Sep, 2018 10:16 PM

I am going to be losing my email address that I signed into DK with for the last four years and I don't know how to change my email address so it goes to the new one. Help!

1. 1 Posted by Northcoast Nell on 25 Sep, 2018 10:18 PM

Also, I tried to sign on from home on my tablet and when signing in, it wouldn't let me use my correct user name, Northcoast Nell, but auto-corrected *every time* to North Coast Nell, which isn't me or my user name, so I couldn't sign in. How do I get this fixed?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Sep, 2018 02:31 AM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

Are you indeed signed in now? You ought to be able to sign in EITHER with your username or with your current email. As for the autocorrect problem -- that's likely something that went awry with your browser. If you have an autofill setting, or stored passwords, that's where I'd look to make the fix. (It should be somewhere under the Settings tab for your browser, which is something you'll have to investigate.)

Once you are logged in, then you may go to your Edit Profile page and change your email of record yourself. It's perhaps a third of the way down the page. Enter the new one into the text box and then scroll all the way down to click the Save button. You should then be all set with the new official email for your account.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2018 02:31 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac