Front page

Bunkerhobbit

20 Sep, 2018 02:08 AM

What is up with the ads on the page???! You guys are going to lose a lot of eyes if this keeps up. We, as a community, come here for ideas, not fucking ads. Unconscionable.
Fix it, or lose my support.

1. 1 Posted by pzina on 20 Sep, 2018 04:10 PM

How much longer is this terrible ad situation on DKOS going to last? The formatting has become worse today. Some diaries appear in only 1/3 of the screen, the other 2/3-3/4 is filled with blue and ad text. Comments are unreadable as ad text overwrites them. I am on my way over to WWF to let them know that, not only am I not going to sign their petition or whatever it is they are pushing, I intend to not support them in the future.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Sep, 2018 04:21 PM

I'm sorry you're having difficulty with the ad display.

Please try opening the site in a private or incognito window. That should deactivate most if not all of the extensions you have on your browser, and in turn that should make your experience of the site more pleasant. We're finding that browser extensions/add-ons are the most likely causes of poor site performance while this promotion is on display.

Please be aware as well that this is not a permanent condition for the site. It is a promotion of short duration to encourage our site users, who are indeed an important part of the national activist community, to sign a petition sponsored by the WWF in opposition to this administration's plan to eviscerate the Endangered Species Act. Public comments close this coming Monday, hence the urgency.

The WWF is still about 30,000 people short of their goal of 300,000 signatures, or somewhat under 1% of our total population. It is distressing that relatively few of us are motivated enough, or aware enough, merely to sign a petition, is it not?

Thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Sep, 2018 04:21 PM.

4. pzina re-opened this discussion on 20 Sep, 2018 05:02 PM

5. 3 Posted by pzina on 20 Sep, 2018 05:02 PM

Incognito made no difference. And I am not going to fool around with all
    my device settings to fix the problem you made. I am off DKos for the
    duration.

AND STOP WITH THE GUILTING! "Relatively few of us" are supporting WWF
    because THE AD IS FREAKING ANNOYING! And I don't sign petitions - I get
    enough junk mail, spam and robocalls - I don't need to add more.

6. 4 Posted by jpbayarea on 20 Sep, 2018 06:02 PM

I could not agree more. It's totally overwhelming and confusing to try and navigate the front page. I support the WWF but this is ridiculous. I too will stop coming to Daily Kos if this is not undone and returned to old readable format. I am on my MAC and it's just as bad as on a tablet.

7. 5 Posted by organic soybean on 20 Sep, 2018 08:19 PM

I can't navigate this format very well and will be avoiding the site for the duration (except for APR).

8. 6 Posted by Peace33x3 on 20 Sep, 2018 08:47 PM

Um, the WWF put this ad on this site. WHY do I have to do something? THEY should.

9. 7 Posted by occupystephanie on 20 Sep, 2018 10:46 PM

Not many know this, but WWF dredged in the Galapagos Islands so they could dock their huge ships. Hardly an ecological move!
    Not signing their stuff!

10. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 16 Oct, 2018 08:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac